Orange Lipstick And Other New-To-Me Favorites
Though a self-professed beauty junkie, I do have a tendency to stick to my rituals, and shop within my tried and true brands. I wouldn’t say that I’m in a beauty rut; it’s more so that I know what I like and tend to be loyal. But sometimes a girl needs to freshen things up, test some products, and possibly find some new favorites to add to the mix. As it turns out, that time is Spring. After trying out a slew of products, I’ve added these skincare and makeup winners to my Spring lineup:
1) Foreo Luna silicone facial brush: I’m a big fan of my Clarisonic Mia, but sometimes forget to buy refills of the brush (which can get pretty gross, over time – even with lots of cleaning). I don’t see myself getting rid of my Clarisonic anytime soon, but I have loved using the Luna. It has different levels of pulsation for cleansing and anti-aging – and the bonus for me is that the anti-aging side relaxes my muscles when I have a headache or a locked up jaw!
2) Biologique Recherche P50 - I finally gave in to trying this cult-favorite toner (thanks to a push from my friend Helena), and it’s worth the hype. Keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different, so what works for me might not work for you. But I don’t think it’s a coincidence that so many starlets with glowing complexions swear by this product. After thoroughly cleansing my skin, this still manages to pick up so much dirt and makeup that was left behind. Note: I use the original formula (P50 1970) but the new formula is made without Phenol, if that ingredient worries you.
3) Fresh pressed, unrefined, virgin coconut oil – Oil pulling is all the rage, and after hearing about it from just about everyone and their mother, I went out and bought a jar of coconut oil. I tried oil pulling a few times, and though I didn’t mind the actual process, I can’t see myself committing to it long enough to see any results – I’m too forgetful! But here’s what I discovered: it’s an amazing moisturizer. I’ve replaced my normal facial moisturizer with coconut oil, and it makes my skin so soft. Bonus: it makes my face smell like Girl Scout Samoa cookies.
1) Bite Beauty Matte Creme Lip Crayon in “Clementine” (as worn above) – As a pale girl who leans toward cooler tones, I felt left out of the orange lips trend. After trying several different shades and finishes, I finally found one that works for me. I love that it’s orange but not too orange, and the pointed tip gives precision without having to buy an extra lip pencil.
2) Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in “Melted Peony”: This goes on like a gloss, looks like a creamy lipstick, and leaves behind a lovely stain. This creamy pink shade is perfect for Spring!
3) Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade: I’m brow obsessed, and I bow down to Anastasia the brow queen. Used in conjunction with their Brow Wiz pencil, this gives me perfect brows that won’t melt or disappear with the rising temperatures. I used to use brow powder, but now I’m hooked on Dipbrow. Tips: use it with primer for extra staying power, and remember that a teeny bit goes a long way!
4) Mirabella Colour Vinyl Lipstick in “Rosy Rouge”: I usually go for matte lipsticks, but something with a little sheen feels (and looks) more appropriate in the warmer months. That being said, I still want lots of color! This lipstick has a beautiful, opaque rosy hue, with an abundance of shine.
Are there any praise-worthy products you’ve been using? Now that you know my new-to-me favorites, please share yours!