5 Spring Beauty Trends for 2014
Spring, it’s ALMOST here! I can feel it coming. The snow has finally melted, the sun is out more, and the trees (dare I say it) are beginning to bud. And, with each new season comes new beauty trends!
I’m excited to try a few and change my regular routine up a bit. I’m such a regular lip gloss and smokey eye girl throughout the spring that I thought it would be fun to do something a little different once in awhile.
Here are 5 beauty trends worth trying this spring:
1) Orange Lipstick – Oh, yes… bright like the sun. I’ve never been someone to deviate from my normal pinks and reds, but orange is making a bit hit this spring. It’s a fun color, one that maybe I wouldn’t wear to work, but I definitely would wear out with the girls!
Recommended: Maybelline – Color Sensational Vivids Lipcolor – Extreme Orange
2) Golden Lids – With the Olympics just wrapping up, I feel like this trend is oh-so-appropriate! It gives your eyes such a gorgeous glow.
Recommended: Eye Shadow Gold Devotion
3) Cat Eyes – It’s still fierce and it’s still trending! Have some fun with this trend. You can make it as dramatic as you want–no need to be over the top all the time. My mom used to do this to her eyes when I was little, so it totally brings me back!
4) Blue and Green Eyeshadow – We’re not talking peacocking it up… but blues and greens are trending this spring when it comes to pops of color for your eye makeup. I think it’s one of those trends that needs to be worn when the time and occasion is appropriate, but it’s SO MUCH FUN!
Recommended: Eye Studio® Color Tattoo® Pure Pigments Loose Powder Shadow
5) Neutral Nails – Last spring and summer it was all about bright pops of color, this year it’s all about going neutral. Since I’m someone who will either go with black or dark gray on my nails, this is different for me, but I like it. I think neutral colors on your nails is a classic look.
Recommended: essie 2014 Resort