10 Under $10: Best Hair Care And Styling Products
Beauties, there are a bevy of fabulous follicle-focused launches this month in the world of affordable hair care. Whether your spring hair inspiration is ’60s big (that’s always mine), ’90s sleek and straight, or cute and curly, these ten items will help you achieve your best coif. Here they are, in no particular order.
1. Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo is sulfate free, so it won’t fade color and includes luxe ingredients like white orchid and almond, coconut and argan oils to revive ravaged locks.
2. John Frieda Frizz Ease Unwind Curls Calming Creme ($7) is a new take on my long-time favorite product, Unwind, with a softer feel. Apply this formula to damp curls and feel them literally unclench to blow out more easily and more quickly. You can also air-dry for relaxed waves.
3. Vo5 Smooth and Sleek Shampoo ($3.50) It doesn’t get more economical than this sweet-smelling shampoo. I love this one for washing pre-curling-iron waves. It keeps my hair sleek even though I rough-dry it instead of properly straightening it before imparting undulations with my Sarah Potempa Beachwaver.
4. L’Oreal Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Iron Straight HeatSpray ($5) Five bucks scores you lightweight heat protection up to 450 degrees, manages frizz and blocks humidity for a sustainable style – 3 days’ worth, to be exact. L’Oréal Paris Consulting Celebrity Hairstylist Mara Roszak suggests that you spray it on damp hair starting at the ends then rough dry until completely dry. You then re-spray the hair lightly, brush through and then flat iron. “The heat spray is a perfect way to cut out the round brush blow-dry and go straight into the smooth straight look you want,” she says.
5. Garnier Fructis Hair Care Triple Miracle Dry Oil ($6) A jewel for travel, this does-it-all oil will stop your ends from looking ragged but also moisturizes your face and body in a pinch.
6. Dove Advanced Series Oxygen Moisture Root Lift Spray ($7) This fresh-scented spray yields plush volume at the root, key for extending your blow-out an extra 24-36 hours. For real.
7. Pantene Weekly Rehab Creme ($7) You know how those at-home color conditioner tubes are always unicorn-levels of magic on stressed strands? Think of this deep treatment as one you can buy a la carte. It made my hair glossier and less tangled than it’s been in a while.
8. John Frieda Full Repair Hydrate + Rescue Deep Conditioner ($10) resuscitates wrecked tresses with hydration to instantly improve the look and feel of damage after just one use, thanks to Inca Inchi Oil.
9. Suave Professionals Split End Rescue Shampoo & Conditioner ($4 each) If your ends routinely resemble a peace-sign within weeks of a trim, this cleanser and conditioner is officially your slow jam. It mends ends like no one’s biz, plus, it smells divine.
10. TREsemme Keratin 7-Day Regimen Set ($7) For under $10, you get this entire smooth-hair set that will keep frizz and kinks at bay for a full week. It includes shampoo, conditioner and a heat-activated treatment to help you feign a straight mane.
What are your favorite hair care products of late?