A Moody Manicure How-To From Miss Pop and Essie
There are certain names that when we see them pop up on our FashionWeek schedules, we know instantly that we’ll be RSVP’ing for a chance to head backstage and see their work. One such name is that of nail artist Simcha Whitehill aka Miss Pop. She creates some of the most fabulous, intricate, and trend-starting nails at Fashion Week and this season was no different. When we spotted her dark, gold-accented Essie manicure at the fairy-tale-inspired Alice and Olivia presentation we knew we had to get the details on how to re-create the look.
Get the look:
1. Apply Essie’s first base base coat to clean, filed nails
2. Next, apply two layers of Essie’s “Licorice”
3. To apply the gold dots, dip a nail dotting tool in Essie’s “Good As Gold” and carefully apply a medium-sized dot at the center tip of the nail and two smaller dots on each side
4. At the base of the nail, dip the dotting tool in Essie’s “Good As Gold” and apply a medium-sized dot at the center edge of the nail and five smaller dots surrounding it
5. Finish with Essie’s “Good to Go” Top Coat
Tip: If you don’t have a nail dotting tool, use the end of a bobby pin! For the smaller dots Miss Pop recommends using a toothpick
See more of Miss Pop’s amazing nail art here!