Makeup Tutorial: Sephora and Pantone
This winter has been all about nude makeup and simplistic looks but we’re ready to say, “see ya never,” to winter and greet the spring makeup trends with open arms.
That’s why we love the upcoming launch from SEPHORA and Pantone Universe. These two beauty powerhouses teamed up once again to produce the 2014 PANTONE Color of the Year Collection. This collaboration is the third annual installment by Sephora and each of the twenty-four stunning colors in The Eye: Radiant Femme Artistry Set harmonize beautifully with this year’s core theme, radiant orchid.
The pigment and quality of this palette is incredible. With 25 matte and sparkly shadows to try, the possibilities are endless. The Eye: Radiant Femme Artistry Set will launch this March for $48 at Sephora for a limited time only.
Radiant orchid is essentially fuchsia with purple and pink undertones. This bright, eye-popping color pairs beautifully with each shadow in this palette. Here’s how-to recreate two of my personal favorite looks to help get you in the zone for spring eyeshadow trends.
MODERN RETRO LOOK
- Apply radiant orchid to the inner corner of your eyelid with a small powder brush.
- Next, pat the sand color to the base of your lid and blend this color into your crease.
- Use a round tip brush with the pale blue shade to make your eyes appear brighter.
- Add mascara (I used Diorshow Mascara) to create this modern, retro look.
- Highlight the inner corner of your lid with the matte white shade using a small powder brush.
- Apply radiant orchid to the base of your eyelid and blend this color into your crease.
- Use the dark purple shade and apply this color to the out edge of your eye.
- Build intensity with the plum shade and blend this color with the purple to make your smoky eye more dramatic.
- Apply the dark purple under your lower lash line for a sultry look.
- Create a winged-liner (I used Sephora Collection Long Lasting Eyeliner) and add mascara for a romantic, smoky eye.