Get The Look: Golden Girl
1) Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Glitter in “Gold”, $14.
2) Urban Decay 24/7 Liquid Liner in “El Dorado”, $19.
3) NARS “Silent Night” single shadow, $24.
4) Sugarpill “Goldilux” loose shadow, $12.
5) Too Faced Glitter Glaze Top Coat (wear alone or over a shadow), $21.
6) Stila “Magnificent Metals Foil Finish” eye shadow, $32.
7) Diorshow Fusion Mirror-Shine Eyeshadow, $30.
Lately, I’ve been loving gold in a big way – as demonstrated in my nails/eyes/shirt combo. In the quest for gold of all levels, I tested out some products to bring you a list of some of my favorites: from the subtle, less intense sheen of Dior’s muted gold metallic, to the solid gold of Sugarpill’s Goldilux (which turns to a beautiful liquid gold when wet). Nighttime can be a perfect opportunity to up the drama, but gold can work in the daylight, as well. Here are some of my favorite ways to incorporate gold into everyday looks:
- Use a hint of gold on the inner corners of your eyes or on the middle of your lids to brighten up an otherwise neutral look.
- Make like Cinna from The Hunger Games! Skip the shadow and swap your usual liner for liquid liner in gold.
- Top your regular shadow with Too Faced’s top coat for a subtle sheen.