The Definitive List of Top 10 BB/CC Creams
With a new BB/CC/ZZ cream on the market every five minutes, how can a gal know in which ones she should be investing? To quote famous philosopher Michael Jackson in the negative, ABC; it’s NOT as easy as 123. Here, the definitive list of my ten favorites tinted wonders, in no particular order.
1. Dr. Brandt BB Matte With Signature Shinerase ($39)
Humidity in NYC in the summer is enough to give anyone a permanent “messtache,” so I do what I can before leaving my apartment to combat shine. This mattifying BB cream is ideal for steamy summer months and boasts a blendable formula which also manages to conceal dark marks like a dream.
This one’s my go-to for travel. The cream boasts a petite, slim package and self-adjusts to your skin tone. All that, and it costs under a Hamilton.
3. Orlane SPF 25 Anti-Fatigue Absolute Sunscreen BB Cream ($70) It’s a bit spendy, but finding a French moisturizer complete with SPF is more difficult than you’d think. Plus, this one invigorates tired skin for a fresh complexion every time. A little goes a long way with this one, as well.
4. Kiehl’s BB Cream Actively Correcting And Beautifying With SPF 50 ($37) If broad spectrum protection is paramount, Kiehl’s offers the motherlode, thanks to its infusion of SPF 50. This one yields a bit better coverage, if that’s your bag (and sometimes it’s mine).
5. Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream ($6) Maybelline offers a ton of shades, blendable texture, skin-tone correcting capabilities and a smooth, fresh finish for just $6.
6. CoverGirl Smoothers SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer BB Cream ($7) This inexpensive gem is very natural looking and gives a nice dewy finish without being super oily or slick. It also yields a wearable non-orange color on skin.
7. Boscia BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 27 PA ++ ($18) A mid-priced oil-free blend creates a flawless finish and features botanical ingredients. It blends well and stays put all day. Also, can Boscia have gone with a more random SPF #?
8. Rimmel BB Cream SPF 25 ($7) This drugstore deal provides a no-makeup makeup look when you just want a smidge of light coverage. I love its moderately matte finish and non-greasy feel.
9. Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish ($30) Perfectly portable, this packet features a little window from which you can get your tinted cream out without having to rip anything nor endure a mess. This one’s a CC Cream, thanks to its color correcting capabilities and comes in three shades. It contains licorice root, mandarin orange and mulberry leaf to brighten skin.
10. Revlon Photoready BB Cream ($9) As my goal is to look as Photoshopped as Ryan Gosling does in that scene in “Crazy Stupid Love” (stop, you know which one), I’m a big fan of Revlon’s Photoready franchise. This budget-friendly tinted balm evens out my skin tone and imparts a slight dewiness when applied with a stippling brush.
What’s your favorite BB/CC cream?