Five Must-Have Beauty Products For Expecting Mamas
There’s something so beautiful about expecting a baby.
You’re full of anticipation.
You’re going to be a mom (for the first time or again!).
It’s just incredible.
I’m currently expecting my 5th baby (crazy, I know!) and it never ceases to amaze me just how much my body, skin and hair changes during pregnancy. My pre-pregnancy beauty routine has completely been replaced by my pregnancy beauty routine.
I started joking with my girlfriends that there should be a beauty survival kit for all moms-to-be because so much changes. When I was pregnant with my first son back in 2004, I couldn’t believe how much I changed. I had pregnancy acne. My facial hair grew like CRAZY (nobody tells you this one!). I desperately needed a facial. My skin was always pale, I wasn’t glowing. My hair grew so fast, I literally could have gotten my highlights done every 2 weeks. Not to mention how fast my nails grew. I just wasn’t prepared for these beauty changes, it completely caught me off guard.
When I was pregnant with my 2nd son, I was prepared and throughout my next 3 pregnancies, I have stayed beauty-prepared. I literally have my own Expectant-Mama-Beauty-Survival-Kit, made up of products I use over and over throughout my pregnancy.
Here are 5 products every expectant-mama should have:
1) Bronzing powder – Not everyone has that sparkling, pregnancy glow. Bronzing Powder is perfect to give you that extra glow and to keep your skin looking fresh! I recommend Bobbi Brown’s Bronzing Powder. It’s lightweight, silky-smooth and will give you a perfect skin-kissed look.
2) At-home waxing – It’s crazy how much hair starts to grow! Forget about heading out to get your eyebrows, lip (or any other body part) waxed throughout the 40 weeks, do it right from home! I love Completely Bare’s Ouch Less Strip Wax that you can do easily from home. This wax is one of the lowest temperature and the wax is available for sensitive skin. It’s also hypoallergenic and 100% non-comedogenic.
3) Skin care – Your skin may take a total toll during your pregnancy. It’s important to keep it clean, moisturized and pampered. Even on your ultra tired nights, make sure you’re washing your face and taking care of your skin by adding a fabulous facial cream. I am obsessed with Olay. They have something for every skin need – dry, sensitive, acne, dark spots, oily, puffiness, dark circles, uneven skin tone, etc. Find what works best for YOU and make sure you’re using it (all the time!).
4) Color at home – Is your hair color out of control? I literally was sporting a 4 inch root with my 1st pregnancy! Now this all depends on how comfortable you feel with doing this and make sure you check with your doctor, but there are some wonderful non-permanent hair color treatments out there. I recommend looking for non-permanant while you’re pregnant, and there’s a wonderful one from Nice N’ Easy Non-Permanent Hair Color. It literally washes out in 28 shampoos… that’s at least 3 months for a mom-to-be!
5) Pump up the lashes – There are many interrupted nights when you’re pregnant. It’s tough to get comfortable and have a sound sleep, especially the further along you get. Mascara is your morning best friend. Who needs coffee to make you look alert? Try a fabulous mascara! I really think Maybelline’s Volum’ Express the Mega Plush is awesome. it plumps your lashes right up and makes your eyes pop in a snap!